Tony and I have not posted anything on our blog since September 7. If we can't do it now, who to say we will when the kid arrives! Hard to get into the habit of blogging but we should because we have so many family and friends who are not nearby that we want to connect with during this journey of ours.
So what has happened since September 7th:
- We had our small intimate reception for mostly family and few very close friends in New York. Had a GRAND time, and we loved just seeing our two worlds continue to combine and mesh. I think for me the most special moment was having our ring warming ceremony at the reception. Tony and I put our rings in a small bowl and had the bowl passed around to all guests so that they could say a prayer, positive thoughts or send us some good vibes- and then we exchanged our rings knowing that special people in our lives had blessed this exchange. We also had a wedding singer- my beautiful eight year old goddaughter, Katelyn, belted out "Fireflies" for us. She's such an entertainer!
Thank you to our sisters: Tia, Jene, Sapna, and Nikki for participating in our ceremony with recited poem and prayer. Thank you to my big sister, Gauri, for planning this special day for us. We could not have done this without you.
- We moved (again) to a bigger place and of course it had to be in the middle of Hurricane Irene, no less! We have settled into the apartment, and baby girl's room is almost done! Can't wait to bring her home.
- Tony's sweetest grandparents, Papa and Granny, stayed with us for two weeks. Took them to the National Mall, Ben's Chili, made lots of homemade food (well Granny did), and played an awesome game of Spades in which Granny and I happily beat the boys. We also got to celebrate Granny's birthday with her. *hugs*
- Sasha's cousin Sapna and her husband Joel got married! We had so much fun celebrating with them and being a part of their special day. We wish them a lifetime of happiness and joy.
Now I am in the final home stretch of the pregnancy. Little girl is due in a few weeks and I'm excited, nervous, anxious, curious, everything! She is moving a lot everyday... its a toss up between soccer (like her mom) or basketball (like her dad). But since the NBA lock down has so much drama- I may just push her to be a soccer girl. :)
We are heading to NY this weekend for early Thanksgiving celebration with family, and family baby shower. So excited to see everyone!
So what has happened since September 7th:
- We had our small intimate reception for mostly family and few very close friends in New York. Had a GRAND time, and we loved just seeing our two worlds continue to combine and mesh. I think for me the most special moment was having our ring warming ceremony at the reception. Tony and I put our rings in a small bowl and had the bowl passed around to all guests so that they could say a prayer, positive thoughts or send us some good vibes- and then we exchanged our rings knowing that special people in our lives had blessed this exchange. We also had a wedding singer- my beautiful eight year old goddaughter, Katelyn, belted out "Fireflies" for us. She's such an entertainer!
Thank you to our sisters: Tia, Jene, Sapna, and Nikki for participating in our ceremony with recited poem and prayer. Thank you to my big sister, Gauri, for planning this special day for us. We could not have done this without you.
- We moved (again) to a bigger place and of course it had to be in the middle of Hurricane Irene, no less! We have settled into the apartment, and baby girl's room is almost done! Can't wait to bring her home.
- Tony's sweetest grandparents, Papa and Granny, stayed with us for two weeks. Took them to the National Mall, Ben's Chili, made lots of homemade food (well Granny did), and played an awesome game of Spades in which Granny and I happily beat the boys. We also got to celebrate Granny's birthday with her. *hugs*
- Sasha's cousin Sapna and her husband Joel got married! We had so much fun celebrating with them and being a part of their special day. We wish them a lifetime of happiness and joy.
Now I am in the final home stretch of the pregnancy. Little girl is due in a few weeks and I'm excited, nervous, anxious, curious, everything! She is moving a lot everyday... its a toss up between soccer (like her mom) or basketball (like her dad). But since the NBA lock down has so much drama- I may just push her to be a soccer girl. :)
We are heading to NY this weekend for early Thanksgiving celebration with family, and family baby shower. So excited to see everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment